Wednesday 7 February 2018

Feeling Mellow

I have not felt this relaxed and rested in a very long time. No more do I look to feel the recovery, the energy of a good night of sleep. These days the best I can hope for is to wake up feeling calm, rested, and relaxed. That's today. In spades.

This level of restedness can best be attributed to alcohol and drugs. that combination of all things evil. Last night I had three glasses of wine, Richard sized. When my HCA arrived at 9:30 PM, I was physically exhuasted from making wine and preparing ribs for a planned dinner today. My body had been working incredibly hard, lifting things, cutting things, getting and putting things in and out of fridges and cupboards. All that while I had my wine, and a bit of fruit for snacking.

When bedtime came, my body was beat. Unfortunately my mind was anything but. For an hour I lay in bed, tossing and turning the limited amount I can do these days. Even that was wearing my already worn body. So I gave up and took a Zopiclone. It worked, but not all that quickly. I think it was about midnight before I finally hit the heavy sleep zone. However, from then until 10:00 AM, I was out, totally asleep.

On waking up today, I felt almost mellow, a feeling I still have. It's that rested kind of feeling where you know there is nothing pushing you, nothing which must be done. I can just sit here, watch the day go by, perhaps even have a nap or two. Mellow. That's the right word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment