Saturday 9 March 2013

Anna Says...

A while ago I asked if any of you wanted to be a guest blogger one day. Anna Turner, a force of nature with whom I work at the CBE, took me up. Just so you know, Anna has faced her own challenges, risen above them and lives an amazing life. She runs marathons! She is determined, lives her beliefs and is never afraid to do the right things and make the hard decisions. You can find Anna's blog at http://www.annasantidotes.com/. Here is what Anna has to say...

So Richard McBride...the name means something to you I know.  I am going to share what it means to me.  I will start and end with two quotes that remind me so much of Richard and his legacy to us, I wonder if anyone else will agree with my quotes “Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.” ~ John Wayne

To me when I first met him, it meant stubborn PM who accomplished things.  Richard has to learn by feel not by example in most cases; the great news is he is a quick study. Then when I took the time I learned more about the man behind the business, and found him to be witty and full of knowledge on many topics.

I learned that first and foremost he loves and adores his children, and believes that his best for them is not good enough.  I have a hard time believing Richard’s best is not good enough. I learned he loves to be on the ocean sailing smelling the salt air.  I learned he is passionate in his love for him Mom and brothers, and tells tales (maybe they are yarns) of the mischief he has gotten himself into as a youngster and as a grown up.  
He loves a great sip or two of scotch and makes his own wine.  He hunts, likes road trips and is a world traveller.  He is at the end of a fulfilling career which he will miss as will the colleagues and the friends he has made along this path.

He is determined which is apparent in the work he has put into to pimping out his ride so he can drive for as long as he can. He is a fundraiser, and he has a goal http://richardislivingwithals.blogspot.ca/2013/02/my-goal.html if he will let me I will run while he rolls. He is honest, seeks knowledge and has shared his life openly and truthfully with anyone who wants to know. He has made missteps and he has made successful leaps.  He gives credit where credit is due.

I guess in the end I know very little about the man, but the more I read, the more I learn, the more I learn the more I respect him as person, and believe he has made me and many others in his path better people. I am proud of the opportunity I have had to get to know the man, and add him to a list of awesome friends, and I wish him peace and joy throughout his struggle.  I hope you have happy trails and tales to share with many for as long as you can.

When I think of Richard’s passing and leaving us behind for somewhere better I think of this quote from Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross “When I die I'm going to dance first in all the galaxies...I'm gonna play and dance and sing.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment