Wednesday 18 October 2017

One of those days... one more of those g*d-d&mn#d days...

How do I start today?

How about...  this ain't even me!

Someone sat on my laptop here in the hospital; it might be toast, so I've asked David to write the blog for me.  I fear for my reputation once he gets the password to the account, but we shall hope for the best.   So without further ado... h-e-e-e-e-e-e-r-r-r-r-r-e's David!!


Good evening, ladies and germs...

Richard gave me the lowdown on the story today, so I'll do my best to replicate his writing style for your reading pleasure.  I'm not sure this makes me a Guest Writer or a Ghost Writer.  With Halloween so close, I'm going with Ghost Writer.  Boo!


It's been one of those days.

I arrived here at the Foothills Hospital Monday night after some unwelcome stomach issues that didn't appear to be related to my dinner, so 911 on the speed dial was selected.  I should get a frequent-flier discount from the Ambulance Service.

Tests, checks, probes (some welcome, some not-so-much), and it's a complex infection of some kind, primarily a bladder issue, again.  Like you've not heard enough about my pee.

Tummy troubles as well - they are simply not fun, whether well, sick, ALS or not.  Yay, me...

Then someone sits on the laptop I've somehow left on a chair.  Unlikely the warranty will cover butt-crunching, so I may have to go for another one soon.  Is there a limit on creating GoFundMe pages?

But I've finally been released from General Population to a slightly more private cel... urm, room, so I have that going for me.  **Attention single ladies who might feel like snuggling: the door doesn't close, but I do have a curtain!**

Feeling somewhat better today, but still have a fever & nausea, shaking badly, and getting more sleep than usual.  Sometimes the body just needs rest, and sometimes it kicks your teeth in to get it.

So, it's been one of those days.

I am hopeful of a return to home on Friday, but we shall see...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ghost Writer! So glad you are improving, Richard. Can't keep a good man down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating us via David. Keep fighting, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Ghost writer ! Speedy recovery and return home, Richard ...

    ReplyDelete