Thursday 29 March 2018

Doing Well

It's lasagna day today. Dan, Emily and David are here for a late dinner. Dan and Emily had to work, so they arrived at 6:30 PM. However Emily had made some lasagna noodles. She wanted them in the lasagna, so we waited for her arrival for assembly. Prior to assembly, I made the various sauces and other ingredients. Once Emily and Dan arrived, we put together what I refer to as my $35,000 lasagna.

Why $35,000 lasagna? Well, Dion and I were eating a lasagna I made. He made a comment about how good it was. I said "It should be good. It costs $35." He said "What? $350." The bidding went up from there until we got tired at $35.000. I use a lot of cheese in this lasagna. It weighs a lot. It's very good.

In a lot ways, I have a lot of fun and a pretty good life. I have friends who will help me make terrific dinners. I have friends who will take me out at night, now that I have a van. I have people in my life who are worried not only about my physical well being, but my financial and emotional well being too. Even though I have lots to worry about, I have people who worry for me and with me.

Today has been a good day for this. The van arrived today. The truck left today, which in it's way is a good thing. Lasagna is in the oven, almost ready to eat. I'm doing well. It's all I can ask for.

3 comments: