Tuesday 19 April 2016

Pain In My Right Shoulder

Not a good morning. I can barely type right now. Not because of weakness, but because of pain. I am suffering from the mother of all cramps in my right shoulder today. The cramp started deep inside my shoulder and ran up into the back of my neck. Now it's just sitting there, holding the muscles just tight enough to hurt like hell when I move, the pain radiating down my right arm, into my biceps and almost to my hands. My left arm is kind of in on the action too, with a mild responsive pain, but nothing like the right.

This was not a long in coming cramp. This is not because of how I slept or a pinched nerve. I was just fine up until I sat up in bed. Then, like lightening, the muscles deep inside my right shoulder decided to strike with frightful suddenness. I've never experienced something like this before, this large scale kind of cramp. My legs, and even my arms, have been through this on a more localized version, where one muscle, or even a couple of muscles cramp up. But never such a big cramp over such a large muscle mass.

It's interesting in one regard. The other day I was watching my right arm and shoulder. There were fasiculations in my shoulder muscles at the same time as my right bicep was spasming, twanging like a guitar string. I'd never seen that before, spasticity and fasiculations at the same time. From a clinical perspective, it was fascinating to watch.

For some people, fasiculations have been closely related to cramping. This has not been the case for me, at least up until now, perhaps not even now. I haven't had this much serious cramping before, although I have had lots of smaller, equally painful cramps. Most have gone away fairly quickly; this one not so much.

As I write, relax, and breathe, it is slowly going away. Not fast enough. Katherine is worried about me; she wants me to get some medication. She wants it to go away. It's got to be frustrating to see this and not be able to do anything about it. I can't do anything either. Just wait.

3 comments:

  1. Tramadol. Often settles restless legs. Does seem to quiet things all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cramps are horrible. I use an herbal remedy called SPZM by Health Concerns. For me, it works better than anything the Dr. prescribed and left me without negative side effects. I order on line.
    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, what is this ongoing talk about soy and the one company that holds all the cards?

    ReplyDelete