Thursday 28 June 2018

Another Busy Day

It was so busy yesterday I completely forgot about my blog! It can happen. Yesterday started with my normal Wednesday routine, which includes exercises. These days I find my Range of Motion exercises so exhausting that I need a couple hours of rest by the time my HCA leaves. So a 1:00 PM fnish with home care means I can't get active again until about 3:00 PM.

By the time I was functional, I had to get ready for David's arrival. He was coming to paint the doors and jambs, covering all the streaks and other marks I have made on them over the years. The door to the spare room is living proof that I am unable to navigate a 27 3/4" wheelchair through a 28" space, especially after a glass or two of wine. My room was not quite so bad; it's a 36" door. The same with the bathroom. Still, David repainted all three doors and jambs.

Andrea came over as well, doing a yeoman's job of filling in the many gouges and scrapes I've managed to make over the years. I'm dangerous with a power wheelchair. She found a lot of them, some I didn't even see myself. She filled them very nicely, so smoothly in some cases that I can't even tell where the paint ends and the fill begins.

The biggest job has yet to be done. I'm hoping Todd and Jessica can tackle it when they come over tonight. I've managed to completely smash the right side of the door frame going into the kitchen. the whole thing needs to be replaced. Yesterday Anne took down the existing frame and moulding. I have the new boards. They need to be cut to fit, installed, and painted. I'm hoping for tonight, but understand completely if it has to be split into two different jobs.

All in all, it was enough to make me forget about writing. Today, I have a bit more breathing room. So I am off to the mall to have coffee with a friend. Life is busy for me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment