Monday 25 June 2018

Energy Crisis

My body is so exhausted and weak today I can barely function, let alone keep my eyes open. I type ever so slowly, an activity at which I used to rather excel. My arms are too weak to pick up my mug of water, too weak to get my dinner out of my fridge, too weak to hold up a fork or spoon. Earlier today I was able to eat sandwiches, but after three halves, my mouth and jaw were too tired to chew while my arms had begun to fail in delivery.

I guess this disease really is killing me.

Only a week to go. It is my hope that my new live-in caregiver will make a dramatic difference in my life. I'm hoping that the activities of daily of life will be eased by a helper, by having someone who can pick up what I drop, put away that which I cannot, help me  when I need help.

The truth is that I don't need a lot of constant help. I am pretty good for most things once I get set up. I can do the TV stuff on my own. The only challenge with soing out is the doors, and there are people around often enough to help, although a companion might be better. In fact, while I have been beat all day, I have still gotten things done, like this blog.

Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's the sleeping pill and a half from last night. Maybe I's still recovering from Saturday's party. There are lots of things that could make me feel this way. Sure, part of it is AL:S, but there are plenty of other things to go around. I just hope I have more energy tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. My husband had a video telephone conference this morning. While we were on a pause while they switched MDs to talk to him. He said to me it’s too tiring just talking, I could take a nap right here. It’s an ongoing issue our pla while we were on a pause while they switched him days to talk to. He said to me it’s too tiring just talking, I could take a nap right here. It’s an ongoing issue All the time at our place. We are now in Barking on a month and a half epic road trip across USA this coming weekend. Will keep our driving to about five hours a day. Simply because driving itself is tiring. Should be interesting and amazing .

    ReplyDelete