Tuesday 26 June 2018

No Food Out

It seems to be becoming increasingly difficult for me to write a blog post in the morning. Most mornings I feel like I have nothing left to say, like I have said it all before, repeatedly. While new losses are all around me, it gets depressing for others to read time and time again how I am losing more and more abilities. I have to remember that this blog is about my journey, a journey which has a lot of difficult changes in it these days.

So here I go, talking about more losses. Today I asked Kabira, my afternoon and evening HCA to take some food out of the fridge for me so I could have it for dinner. Much of what is in the fridge is either too heavy for me to pick up or too far out of reach for me to get to from my wheelchair. If I want to eat, someone will have to get things out of the fridge for me.

The amount of leftover meat sauce, clam sauce and Alfredo Sauce is simply staggering. I've already put one container of meat sauce into the freezer. The Alfredo sauce and clam sauce were mixed together in one big plasticware container; I'll have to figure out what to do with it later. I know I can freeze it, but in what size portions? Tonight will be meat sauce.

I'm tired of spaghetti. I've been eating it for days. When I eat it, as much of it goes on my shirt as into my mouth. It's very difficult for me to swirl it up and shove it into my gob. So tonight I want to have Rotini with sauce. It's here that I made a strategic blunder. I did not ask Kabira to get the Rotini down for me from the upper cupboard where pasta makes its home. Instead I had to use a grabby stick to pull down almost every other package of pasta in order to get the one I want. The problem is that I cannot put any of it back up there!

Fortunately my friend Tonny will be here shortly. He is taking me to Lowe's where I can get the various supplies I need for fixing up the dings and bangs in my walls and doors before Shelby arrives next Sunday evening. I'll ask him to put the pasta back up, where it will happily reside until I disturb it all some other day. At least I'm going to eat tonight; last night I couldn't. No food out.

No comments:

Post a Comment