Saturday 16 June 2018

Tired Hands, Weak Eyes, Aging

I'm having trouble typing today. My fingers feel ever so slightly uncoordinated. My arms don't want to stay in place, wandering away towards my sides, making itd difficult to hit the center keys consistently. There's a lot be backspacing and correction going on here.

The magnify function in Chrome is on as well, showing this page at 125%. You see, my vision is worsening as I age, having nothing to do with ALS that I am aware of. As I have said in the past, having ALS does not give me any exemption from the illness of age and living in general. Methinks another visit to the optometrist is in order soon. He will demand bifocals. I will continue to resist, instead using the magnify function where it exists, be it Chrome, my TV or when reading a book online.

Part of this weakeness today is another damned infection. It seems the typical time between ending a course of antibiotics and the return of the infection is about five days. I will head into the doctor on Monday and start another course of medication. This time, however, I think I might ask for a longer term, lower grade antibiotic treatment. If I can't kill this infection, perhaps I can make a truce, like they did in the Korean War. I'll still be at war with the infection. It will still be trying to kill me. All I can do is hold it at bay, a foe unwilling to end the conflict on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment