Friday 8 June 2018

Bad Exercises

This is a tough post to write. Not emotionally, but physically. My hands and arms are very sore and weak today. I see this as a result of my morning range of motion exercises. I am at the point where it is difficult to do them myself, so I ask for help. With help, however, my existing muscles still demand participation whether I like it or not. So they get tire, really tired.

That severe exhaustion, combined with the milder exhaustion that goes with having my legs exercises, leaves me almost incapable of eating any sort of breakfast. This is made moderately worse by the type of breakfast I get from my Friday morning HCA, Yvonne.

Yvonne seems fully incapable of getting my morning routine done with any time left for breakfast. My day is supposed to be one hour for personal care, one hour for exercises, and a half hour for preparation of a light meal, They've even added an extra 15 minutes for catheter time. So from start to finish, my Friday morning should be done at 1:15, including meal preparation.

Today's first meal of the day was breakfast cereal and a cup of coffee. Please note that my diet specifically calls for high protein and high fat. There was most certainly sugar in the breakfast cereal, so that might give me calories, but very little protien and almost no fat, at least none of the good fats I need.

So after I eat breakfast, my energy problem is not only not solved, but made worse. Today it has taken me from 1:15 PM until 4:00 PM just to start feeling capable of writing. Now it is true that I nap after breakfast every day, usuall until around 3:00 pm. But today is different. Napping has made no difference at all. I feel almost incapable of doing anything. Aa I said, it's tough work even writing this blog. And now I need to rest some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment