Saturday 23 June 2018

I'm Having Trouble Getting Started

Have you ever let something get in your way such that it stops you from even starting something you want to do? I have always been a bit like this. I might need a part before I can begin working on my boat. In fact almost all boat cleaning trips started with a stop at Canadian Tire, and more than likely a stop at the pub for lunch. And a beer.

It's becoming more problematic of late. I want to clear off my dining room table. There's nto actually a lot of clutter; just enough that it will get in the way of tonight's spaghetti party. It's funny. After writing that sentence, I stopped to clear a couple of pieces of scrap paper off the table. Then I dropped one and had to pick it up; no small task even with a grabby stick. Then I noticed how tired my arms were, so I got my lap desk instead of typing at the table.

As of yet, my table clearing efforts have been limited to those couple of pieces of paper scrap. I'll commit myself to doing more after I finish this blog, and take a bit of a rest. Even typing wears me down these days.

I really haven't changeed all that much. I have just become more of what I already was. They say this happens to most of us as we approach death. The imminence of the Grim Reaper does not suddenly change us into a better person. It simply amplifies the person we already are. Like me and letting things get in the way of starting what needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment