Friday 17 August 2018

I May Be A Bit Paranoid

I'm going to try to post a blog entry from my tablet once again. I had written one the other day but from some reason I cannot fathom, it simply went in as a draft. I wondered where it went. Now that content is irrelevant. Mostly it was just me whining and complaining about my laptop dying, and the expense of replacing or reparing it. Fortunately it looks like it will only be about $150, and a family member has offered to cover that.

My laptop should be back to me by Monday, all things working as planned. The repair shop has ordered the motherboard to replace the original. It was fried, I think by a lightening strike pushing a surge through the house. During the lightening storm last Sunday, my laptop was, unfortunately, the only electronic device in my home not plugged into a surge protector. I plan on changing that when I get it back next week. Of course the whole thing could just be a coincidence, ending up with me borrowing a surge protector from David.

I have these power bar/surge protectors all over my apartment. It seems modern technology has a lot more plugs than the original designers of these apartments thought. In every room there is shortage of outlets, forcing me to use multi-plug extensions and surge bars all over the place. Part of this demand, of course, are the various chargers for lifts, wheelchairs and such. My apartment is an electrical zoo, animals of all type here demand power.

This wicker basket of wires has grown larger and more twisted as I have attempted to "Google-ise" my apartment, attempting to turn it into a smart home, driven by voice or light finger touchess. I am unable to create the pressure to push a lot of the buttons required these days, so having voice control helps a lot. I'm not sure what I will do as my voice weakens and disappears, but for now this seems like a viable solution. All I have left to do are the two dimmer switches for the kitchen and dining room. By concidence the cost of these two devices is $150, the same cost as repairing my laptop. I have to ask myself if this is truly a coincidence, or is it a conspiracy. Remember, it's not beingx paranoid if they really are out to get you.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your post... was getting a wee bit concern .....Some people would call be a little over reacting .. god forbid she never even met Richard...but do feel connected in blog weird Way...any who glad to see your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing your posts, Richard. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete