Saturday 5 November 2016

Breakfast With Tonny

A few days ago my friend Tonny called to ask if he could come over to make breakfast for me today. Of course I said yes, as fast as I could. When friends do things like this for me, it has a number of positive effects. It gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning, or at least nearly in the morning. It means I get a solid breakfast to start my day, giving me more energy. It brings them into my life at a time when I really need their company.

When Tonny showed up, he brought Elizabeth with them. I was slow in getting started, still in the bathroom when they came in. I called out, letting them know I would be out soon. Tonny told me not to hurry. He and Elizabeth got started in the kitchen right away. It's worth noting that both of them knew where everything was, what they needed and how to find it. I wonder whose kitchen this really is anymore.

By the time I was dressed and ready to start my day, Tonny and Elizabeth had prepared sausage, eggs and hash browns, with coffee and orange juice on the side. It was Dennny's at home! I enjoyed a terrific breakfast with wonderful conversation. It was a great start to my day. Then Elizabeth and I noticed that there was a CFL game with Edmonton and Toronto today, so she has stayed behind to watch the game with me.

I love this, that friends would come and see me, explicitly saying that we hadn't seen enough of each other lately. It's true. I've missed a lot of trivia lately. Others have been busy, not making it either. So Tonny made a point of coming to see me, as did Elizabeth. This extra effort means a great deal to me, truly making me feel loved and cared for. Sometimes it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Breakfast is a great way to start.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Glad they cooked a wonderful breakfast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful friends and you are so well deserved 😊 Take care, Richard !

    ReplyDelete