Saturday 26 November 2016

Sick Again

This is the second day running where I feel like a truck is parked inside my head backfiring, where the muscles in my lower back hurt like hell, where I am so dehydrated I feel like onion powder. You can make all the jokes you want about Man Flue and my inability to deal with what must be a cold, but it's getting worse day by day.

It's incredibly bad timing, the onset of this nasty little virus. The is my cleaning weekend, where I have asked a bunch of people over to help me clean my apartment, to do the kind of cleaning that Home Care will not do. Yet I feel completely incapable of functioning properly. Right now I am struggling simply to type.

I have to be very careful in situations like this. If this cold develops into something in my chest, it could be fatal. My immune system is already impaired and my breathing capacity is diminished thanks to ALS. An serious infection will almost certainly put me in the hospital, and could quite possible kill me.

My biggest fear is not dying. My biggest fear is that people won't come to help me, that my apartment will remain dirty. I know they don't want to catch anything from me. I don't blame them. So maybe I should postpone all of this. Maybe that's the best thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment