Thursday 9 March 2017

Getting Up Early

It's 10:00 AM. It's Thursday. Why am I out of bed and dressed already? Oh, right, this was my own stupid idea, to have Home Care come at 9:00 AM and get me up, on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I get to sleep in until 10:30 AM on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Once again, my stupid idea to build some sort of normal life schedule, a regular daily routine.

While the first week or two of this new schedule will hurt, in the long run I think it will do me some good. Waking up earlier than late afternoon, having some daytime hours to do the things most people do, things like going to the doctor, or going to my ALS clinic, all before lunch. Having lunch instead of breakfast at 3:00 PM, that will be a good thing.

I already have plenty of plans for my day. I want to take my truck into the mobility shop where I have asked them to re-level the lift seat, it having bent from my weight over the last few years, and repair the frayed cable for the winch to lift my chair. That appointment is at 1:00 PM, a mere three hours from now. I'll need to leave by 12:30 PM, so I need to start getting ready by noon. That leaves me barely enough time to do a desperately needed load of laundry. You see, I'm already using this time wisely.

This evening company is coming. We are going to bottle a bit of white wine, just one set, about 30 bottles. This is my commitment to having smaller groups and different people over for dinner. Today, or rather this evening, lamb is on the menu. Between dinner and wine bottling, I have a lot to prepare for. It's going to be a busy day. Will they all be like this? Is this what happens when you get up early?

2 comments:

  1. Richard - will you post some pics of the wine bottling party and please include pics of the lamb dish 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas we took no pictures. I will do so next time. Thanks.

      Delete