Wednesday 1 March 2017

Time To Ask

I'm in a good mood. Turns out my life may be getting back to something resembling normal. Today my Home Care Aide, Michael, came back to me. He had gone on vacation to Nigeria in late November. When he returned in early February, I was away on my road trip. So this is the first time he has been here for three months. It was nice to see him.

I've come do a decision about home care. I am going to ask for home care five mornings a week. I would like to keep my Monday, Wednesday, and Friday shower and exercise routines in place. I would also like to add someone to come in and help me dress on Tuesday and Thursday. Getting dressed in the morning is one of the most exhausting things I do. With someone to help, it will leave me with a bit more energy for doing something like making breakfast.

I'm also going to ask if the HCA's can either make breakfast for me or help me with my breakfast. It's not a lot of work for me, but once again it's about energy. In the mornings I have some energy, but I need food energy. On the other hand, after dressing I am usually to tired to bother to cook, or eat. If I get some help with this, I may eat a bit more, and feel a bit less exhausted.

The final change I am going to ask for is in timing, but without losing my regular care givers. I'm beginning to think that getting up at 8:30 AM might not be such a bad thing, especially if I go to bed around 10 PM at night. That gives me 10 hours of sleep plus a bit for settling down. I can take a two or three hour nap in the afternoon, and still have a full day and evening.

This may expand to include Saturdays and Sundays, but probably with later times, perhaps not until noon. Also, I need to coordinate it with my existing HCA's. I don't want to lose either of them. This may not all work, but I am going to ask. It's getting to where I need more help. It's time to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment