Sunday 23 July 2017

36 Hours Of Sleep

I'm out of bed, finally. I've been in bed since 11:00 PM on Friday. I stayed in bed literally all day yesterday, sleeping. Yesterday evening I sort of woke up, sort of. I didn't have the energy to get out of bed at all. Come 11:00 PM yesterday, after a full 24 hours sleeping on and off, I went back to sleep again.

It was about 8:00 AM when I finally awoke this morning. Even so, I was able to doze off and on until Home Care arrived at 10:30 AM. Sunday is one of my three sleep in days each week, where the Home Care Aide arrives at 10:30 AM instead of 9:00 AM. Even so, all three of my HCA's knows that coming late on the early days is not considered a bad thing. I am always ready to sleep in.

What I was not ready for was my exhaustion of yesterday. There is no explaining it. I've been getting decent nights of sleep lately. I've not been overdoing it in my days. I will admit to having had a bottle and a half of wine two nights running, not that this is an onerous thing for me. All in all, I'm fairly sure that my exhaustion has not been related to something I am doing.

There is the very real possibility that I am fighting another low grade bladder infection. This is how it goes when I'm in this situation. My body is even weaker than usual. I am more tired than usual. I've had little sign of the incontinence which goes with a bladder infection, so I have my doubts there too. I don't want to slap an antibiotic into my system as a preventative; it's another drug I don't need for something unclear in origin.

The best way, perhaps, to deal with something like this is to listen to my body, to rest as it needs rest, to eat as it needs sustenance, to stay hydrated. I'll try getting out for a bit today, to be a bit active. Then, if I am exhausted tomorrow again, I'll go see the doctor, even with the one week lead time for an appointment. Or maybe I'll just go to the hospital again. They can test and treat me right there.                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment