Sunday 9 July 2017

Sleeping All Day

It's hard to believe it's 6:00 PM and I am finally at a place where I feel like I can write. Of course the fact that I stayed in bed until 4:00 PM might have something to do with it. It was that kind of day today, where I needed rest, lots of rest, where I told my HCA to leave me in bed to sleep rather than getting me up at 10:30 AM. Even still, I feel somewhat tired and weary. It's just one of those days.

These kinds of rest days usually happen once or twice a week. Often they can be easily linked to some activity in my life. For example, yesterday I had company over for dinner. When they all left at 10:00 PM, I grabbed another beer and watched something on Netflix. By the time I finished that beer, tidied up the last few things, and was ready for bed, it was 12:30 AM. Add 12 hours to that, and I would sleep until well past noon today.

There are days, however, where there is no reason for my need for rest, or at least none that I can identify right away. Some days my body just craps out, fails to get motional, and all I can think of is sleep. I am not really sure why days like this happen, they just do.

Then there is the combo plate, a bit from column A and a bit from column B. That's what today was really all about. Yesterday I struggled. I was tired yesterday for no apparent reason. I've been sleeping well this week, recovered from any jet lag as far as I can tell. I've not been terribly busy; mostly just regular daily living, laundry and such. Still, I got out of bed yesterday because I had company coming. I needed a few more groceries, some adult beverages, and a few other odds and ends. Shopping was in order. Then came preparation, although Brad came and did most of that.

So with having company over and having been only modestly busy yesterday, I would expect to need a bit of extra sleep. It was the carry over of general fatigue that really hit today, along with needing a bit more sleep. Even now I could readily go back to bed. The problem is, if I sleep all day, will I sleep at night? Does it really matter? I'm not sure. I just know I am still tired, despite sleeping until dinner time.

No comments:

Post a Comment