Thursday 14 September 2017

Laundry And Pictures

I didn't write yesterday. I slept instead, something that is happening more and more.

My hall must be getting longer. I am exhausted from rolling down to the laundry room and back. My laundry is getting heavier too. I notice how hard it is to pick up each piece and put it in the washing machine. This difficulty makes me reluctant to do laundry. When I leave it for a few days, instead of one or two loads, I have four. That takes even more out of me. No matter what I do, my laundry days are coming to an end.

Today, fortunately, Jade is here helping with the work. Still, I have my part to do. Having someone here doesn't mean I can offload all my chores, although if it were up to Jade, I would certainly be sitting and doing nothing, just resting. Travis too. He's in the kitchen cooking up a storm. He got the ham out of the freezer last night in preparation for dinner tonight. We have already discussed preparation approaches. I think I might just leave this up to him. Once again, having help is wonderful. Once again I have to convince myself to accept it, or ask for it.

Travis and Jade are also helping me with my picture frames. I've had these frames sitting for quite some time, waiting for me to have the energy and enthusiasm to put pictures in them, to hang them on the wall. Travis got busy and hung the frames. They look odd with the stock pictures, so I am near compelled to choose pictures, setting up pictures of my children, grandchildren, and my own life. Once again, having someone here to help made it worth doing, and easier to get done.

Now I get to rest for a bit. The first loads of laundry are in the machines. The pictures of my grandchildren are in the frame and on the wall. The pictures of my life are set up, with the frame waiting to be hung on the wall once Travis is finished making breakfast. The only remaining challenge is the frame with pictures of my children. Carla refuses to give me any, so I am having to make do with what I have. No matter, I have enough to remind me of what a great time I've had as a Dad, and how much I love my kids. That's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment