Tuesday 26 September 2017

More Grandchildren Visiting

Mary is coming today, along with Rose and Quinn. This will mean each of my children, along with their respective children, will have been to visit me over the last couple of months. They know what is happening, wisely choosing to visit while I can still be active, while they can do more with me than sit by a bedside or push a wheelchair around my apartment.

This is not to say that my infirmitude will begin immediately. Actually it's been "beginning" for quite some time. Today Mary will see progression from the last time I saw her, back in April when David took me down for my Mom's birthday. She will see ever encroaching weakness, ever decreasing ability. She will see the increased exhaustion, the rapid tiring. All of this was true back in April as well; now she will see it in more intense manner.

What I do with her and the kids is somewhat up to her. I say "somewhat" because there I things I know will entertain them, things I have done before, things I know I can do in my power wheelchair. This wonderfull wheelchair will enable me to take them to the zoo, thanks to Calgary's C-Train. Thanks to help from David, assuming it all works out, I can go to Drumheller and take the kids to the dinosaur museum, once again using my PWC as my main means of support. If it all gets to be too much, all I have to do is lean back and take a nap. I know it works; I've done it before with my other grandchildren.

The are here until Saturday morning. It will be a busy few days but I hope to get some sleep along the way. The kids are small; they go to bed early. Mary usually goes to bed at 8 or 9 at night to help settle the kids. I'll have a cookie at 7:00 PM; that'll make me sleep. That's my only real worry about this week, getting enough rest. I'm fairly sure I can manage that.

1 comment: