Wednesday 6 December 2017

Thank You

I am constantly in a state of gratitude for the kind and generous support I get, from family, from friends, from people who follow my blog, and sometimes from complete strangers or people at least two degrees of separation from me. It reminds me of how fortunate I am, notwithstanding this one small medical issue. I am a lucky man, perhaps one of the luckiest people I know.

My biggest concern these days is saying thanking, both personally and often, to those who help me out both financially and physically. I find myself often without energy to respond to those I should respond to, without energy to say even a simple thank you with an email. You might think it is easy, but today I find myself worn out just typing out this blog. And I don't want to say something trite or repetitive. In fact I often don't know what to say at all.

There are people, and you know who you are, who have continuously supported me financially for a long time, people who have made donations through my blog and people who have emailed me with Interact bank transfers. I am always humbled, by both the small and the large contributions. These are people who are giving what they can, in whatever way they can, to help me live these last days and weeks of my life. I am in awe of their generosity.

Life has been good to me, until recently. Even the first few years of ALS were not all that bad. Then, a couple of years ago, my own money ran out. I had outlived my financial capabilities. These days it is truly a month to month existence. Yet I am calm, confident that no matter what happens things will all work out. It is only due to the kind support of others that I can feel this calm, this sense that everything will be fine. You, those who help, make a great deal of positive impact on my life. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment