Wednesday 4 July 2018

Again With The Exhaustion

I'm tired today. It would appear that exercises in the morning, then a doctor's visit followed by Costco in the afternoon is enough to wipe me out completely. I can feel it in my face, my arms, my core, even in my mind. I am worn through, from just the smallest amount of activity. This is what failing strength looks like.

Exercises this morning left me exhausted. Once complete, followed by breakfast, I napped in my chair for well over an hour. What finally got me going was the time it would take to get me into the van and over to the doctor's office. It was only half way there that I finally shook off the shrouds of sleep, waking myself completely.

Today Shelby did the driving, the lifting, the carrying, the pulling. All I had to do was sit in my chair, wheel around, and point now and again. Yet even within this narrow field of activity, my arms failed me. We got a hotdog at Costco, one of my favourite things to do there. I managed to eat pretty much all of it, except for the last little bite. Then my arm failed me. I had to resort to asking Shelby to help lift my arm.

Shopping at Costco was relatively easy, once again with me doing the pointing and Shelby doing the lifting. By the end of it all, however, all I could come to was that I was tired. I wanted to go home. Of course the wrapper was the final stop for drugs at Safeway. Once again I am battling, or continue to battle, a bladder infection. I'm not even sure anymore whether these things contribute to my exhaustion or whether ALS on its own is enough.

It doesn't really matter why I'm tired. I just am. That's what I have to live with.

No comments:

Post a Comment