Wednesday 25 July 2018

I Don't Want To Eat

I hate feeling nauseous. It happens sometimes, for no apparent reason, that my stomach goes off. It's been happening now for a few days, inconsistently, along with a general feeling of unease in my lower bowel. Neither end is going crazy; both of them are making threatening gestures. I just feel really uncomfortable.

A part of this has to be the amount of time I spend sitting, or laying, idly, not moving any part of my body except my arms, hands, and head. Even though I still have some muscle strength in my back muscles, I can't really move much of anything below my shoulders. When my body doesn't move, other parts of me don't move so much either. It's so important to realize how much your core muscles contribute to your digestion and bowels.

The other really annoying thing about this feeling is what it does to my appetite in general. Last night I was talking about having Grilled Cheese Sandwiches along with French Onion Soup as a brunch today. This morning, when I got up, I realized that was definitely not going to happen. So, as she was dressing me, I suggested to Shelby that I might want something really simple, perhaps even breakfast cereal. Then, as she got out my breakfast cereal bowl, my stomach lept into my throat, demanding that all thoughts of food cease. I complied.

So here I sit, perhaps humgry, perhaps not. I'm certainly not up to eating. Water might be okay, perhaps a latte or coffee. Anything else is a mugs game. Even thinking about eating makes it worse.

1 comment:

  1. I lose my appetite when I'm backlogged. Lack of mobility causes the gut to slow down. It is uncomfortable. Hope it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete