Friday 13 July 2018

The Swelling Has Gone Down

The swelling on my lip is pretty much gone, as is the swelling in my throat. I seem to be past the point of crisis, where I risk throat closure or something like that. So now all I have to do is see what my medication routine will look like as I go forward. I suspect the Ramapril, a high blood pressure medication given automatically to people who've had heart attacks, will no longer be on the list.

Once I am done with the Prednisone, Zantac, and Benadryl, I will actually be taking fewer medications that before all this, something which makes me feel good. I have long suspected that many of the pills I take are "automatic", something doctors just assign when seeing a given set of symptoms. The only real problematic medication left is the Cipro, the antibiotic I will be taking one week on and one week off in an attempt to keep my bladder infections at bay.

These days I am a very expensive member of the health care system. My body is failing me in so many different ways. I'm having contnual problems with my bladder. I have allergic reactions to medications which I have not had in the past. I'm having trouble with all of the ALS damaged parts of me. In general, my body is just a wreck.

It's a good thing my mind is intact. At least I can enjoy life around me, fitting in what I can, when I can. At a minimum, there is still good food, good wine, good company. In that regard I am fortunate. It's what I focus on when the bad stuff comes along, as it will continue to do. It'[s all I have left. It will do for now.

1 comment:

  1. I know it must be hard to find the small “ good” things in life. But glad your aware of them. Ps. Awesome the swelling is down.

    ReplyDelete