Monday 2 July 2018

Patreon

I'm struggling. I have some tremendous supporters, both financially and personally. Some provide direct financial support, others are here whenever I call, other pitch in however they can. Yet there are many people who have said they would like a way to pass a few bucks my way every month. These folks want to contribute, to support my efforts in writing my blog and other posts. Yet they cannot make the large contributions that some of you make.

Recently a site called Patreon was recommened to me. It allows just the kind of thing some people want, the ability to have a contribution made automatically, easily, without a lot of fuss and bother. I've added a link on m sidebar to Patreon. I want to see how it looks, if it works, if people want me to put this kind of thing on my blog site.

The reality is that I am always scrambling foir funds. Somehow things always seem to work out. This is only due to the generosity I recieve right now. I don't want to insult those who have been, and are, so kind to me. At the same time, I have to ask myself what's bettter; getting a periodic donation of $100 on an irregular basis, or trying to line up 5 people who can make a commitment to $20 a month, or perhaps 10 people who are willing to be a parton for $10 a month.

My worry is that I am sounding greedy, forever asking for money. I hate that feeling, yet it is how I now must survive. My continuing reality is a shortfall of over $500 a month. It's a hard nut to crack. It would be an impossible nut to crack without the amazing generosity I experience. So tell me, is this a good idea, or just more noise coming from the peanut gallery, with me being the main peanut?

2 comments:

  1. Ask and you shall receive. The struggles are real. Bless you.💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a heads up that Patreon appears to take $1 of every monthly donation, so if someone donates $10, you are only receiving $9.

    ReplyDelete