Monday 24 September 2018

Sleep Day

I've been sleeping all day. That's what can happen when you take a Zopiclone. You get knocked out, staying there until the full effect of the pill wears off. The funny thing is that sometimes they don't work at all, while other times they work as if taken in industrial strength.

This does not mean I did not go through the homecare process of getting up and dressed. I have no choice in that matter. The HCA called from the front door. I woke up and let him in. He came into my apartment and into my bedroom; I was sound asleep. He gently tapped me on my hip. I woke up and dozed my way through the morning process until my shower. We did exercises, which added to my exhaustion. Then he woke my up even more when he put me in my wheelchair.

All of that didn't matter. I told him to skip breafast; I wanted to sleep. I even passed on coffee. Instead I leaned my wheelchair back and went to sleep until 5:00 pm. I am now awake. I am not hungry. I've had a bit of water to drink. And I am ready to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment