Thursday 31 August 2017

A Reason To Get Out Of Bed

Another day of nothing. Another night of sleeping.

I didn't get out of bed yesterday. This seems to be a regular, or irregular but often, experience for me these days. It's not that I need the sleep, although sleep is always a good thing for me. It's just so damned easy to stay in bed, to lie there with no responsibilities, to while away the hours napping, reading on my phone, just doing nothing.

Spending 36 hours in bed has but three downsides to it. First, toilet time. I just don't bother. In almost all cases, it can wait until tomorrow. This may lead to a mild bout of constipation, but that clears away soon enough. Once I get moving, so do my bowels. Second, going pee. If I stay in bed that long, I inevitably fill my jug. The solution to this is so simple. I just have a second jug on hand, all the time. The third issue is eating. Trust me, I can easily go a day, or two, without eating, or drinking for that matter. If I go to be well hydrated, as I usually do, I don't need water for a day. I also keep a mug of water beside the bed, so I have that just in case.

So that is what I did yesterday. I stayed in bed. I did not eat. I sipped a bit from my water mug. I peed in my jugs. I slept. I read Facebook comments and news articles on my phone. I slept some more. And so on.

I really have no reason to get up today either. I have no visitors coming. I have no urgent tasks. I have no shopping to do, no errands to run. In fact the real reason I go up today was to go to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth. I used the toilet. I was going to go back to bed but my HCA urged me to get up and do something. When I said I had nothing to do, she said "invent something to do". So today I will do laundry, not that I need to. I will also wash wine bottles, even though I kind of wish someone else would do them for me.

You see, I have a reason for getting out of bed today. Sort of. But I am still tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment