Sunday 20 May 2018

A Terrific Long Weekend? It's Possible.

It's a wonderful feeling to have two good days in a row; two days without a catheter accident... so far, two days without a bowel issue, two days where I have had great food and company, two days where I  have gotten out into the sun, two days where weakness has not damaged my day. The funny thing is that a catheter accident doesn't even feel like a big deal anymore, but those other things... they mattter. A great deal.

The sun is shining; I even got a bit of a sunburn. That's my imitation of a tan. Actually I am lucky that way. This mild burn, certainly not carcinogenic in any hurry, will turn into a bit of a tan and, with any luck, stay with my through the summer. It used to work that way on the boat, where the first burn of the season turned into a dark, protective layer. It doesn't mean I didn't use sunscreen; I surely did. It just means that I don't have to worry quite as much as others in my family.

Yesterday my friend Brad came over. He loves to cook as much as I do, so I let him loose in my kitchen where I had some pre-selected ingredients for a meat loaf; ground beef, Italian style sausage meat, mushrooms, various spices, and of course, onions, garlic and peppers. Brad worked his magic like few others can, giving me this fabulous meat loaf dinner, with mushroom gravy. Along with it we had my own  homemade Greek Salad, and some Potato Salad from Costco that we both really like.

This afternoon, Anne will be here to help me with wine chores. All three of the wine kits I have on the go need some work today. I have one which will need bottling next weekend, so I will need to ask for help with that. Anne does so much with wine. All I can do is repay her with a nice dinner. We will have leftover meatloaf.

You see, good days. Two in a row. Tomorrow could quite possibly be three. I want to do some stuff with my planters. I have asked a friend to come help. If that works out, it will have been a terrific long weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this..we all need a few good ones here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motor neurones are what makes your muscles move but sensory neurones are what makes you feel good when good things happen. It was à good read Richard, keep these shinny days commin'

    ReplyDelete