Wednesday 9 May 2018

Dry

I've been out all day. David and I took the van to do a bunch of errands, to have some fun. Our day started at Accessable Vehicle Solutions to see if there was any interest in my pickup truck. Not much; the dealer said we would be better to sell it just as a truck, not an accessible vehicle. So we will, starting tomorrow. Then we dropped a portable ramp off at the ALS Society of Alberta. I had been borrowing it for use with the truck; now I no longer need it.

We went up to Balzac to explore the "New Horizons Mall". It is intended as an Asian style mall filled with independent merchants, no chain stores, no anchor tenants, nor preponderance of ladies fashion outlets. We'll see about that last one. This new mall is right across the street from Ironmills Mall, the one with Bass Pro and about a thousand ladies fashion outlets. It also has a couple of decent restaurants. We skipped the good food, deciding instead on Boston Pizza. After dinner we headed to Walmart where we picked up a hair dryer for me, plus a few more shirts. I am too large these days for my XL shirts, thus I am replacing them with XXL. It's only because of my belly.

You might have noticed that I made mention of a hair dryer. Why would I, almost bald, dedicated to the shaved head look these days, need a hair dryer? Well, not to dry my hair. The part of me we need to dry these days is my penis and general groin area. I am developing some nasty skin damage down there, damage which could get serious. So we want to make sure it gets well dried.

Part of the problem is that one of my caregivers pinched my penis while putting on my condom catheter, leaving a small cut in the skin. This is a very moist area, so that cut developed very quickly into a small, flaming red sore. That same area is also where something like a diaper rash is developing, most likely due in part to that original cut, compounded by the amount of moisture I generate down there. Hence the blow dryer.

I feel like "Tim the tool man Taylor" on that show Home Improvement; "more power". Perhaps an industrial carpet dryer from Home Depot would do the job. I need to be dry. I need to be clean. I need caregivers who  won't pinch my penis.

2 comments:

  1. Invest in some Destin cream. Works like a charm for anything similar to a diaper rash. Is thick so have to be conservative in applying, but just small amount should suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desitin is great! Also keep it short. Less to dry. 😉

    ReplyDelete