Tuesday 29 May 2018

Back To Sleep

I'm not going to write much today. I feel a lot like sleeping today, which is about all I have done other than eat a half sandwich and drink a half cup of coffee. When getting me up this morning, Kathy, my HCA, suggested I just go back to bed, wearing my clothes so I could get up if I eventually felt like it. I pointed out that I can sleep in my power wheelchair, so that's what I have been doing.

The tiredness has a few places of origin. There's plain ALS tired. There's the lingering effects of the sleeping pill I took last night. There's the exhaustion caused by the continuing pain in my left arm and shoulder. And there is depression making me just want to sleep. So I am giving in to it all.

I'll try to stay up for a bit now, but not for long. I'm already feeling the drowse coming on. Back to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Richard, I don't recall you writing about morphine intake. Wouldn't be it a mean to conisder regarding your shoulder pain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My doctor and I have discussed it. I recently ran out of T-3 with codeine. He feels that is the approach for me. I'm going to ask for some more when I go in this week.

      Delete