Friday 25 May 2018

Betty's Run; My Annual Plea For Support

I wonder if napping so much just makes me want to nap more. When I do nap, I rarely sleep well. Most of the time I am right on the edge of wakefulness. Sometimes, like yesterday, I can fall into a deep sleep. Others, like today, I wake from my nap feeling more tired than when I started. I lose whole days, like today, in the semi-sleep zone, accomplishing nothing.

Perhaps I can accomplish this. It's that time of year, the time when my bleating grows louder, my cry for donations more strident, not for me but for Betty's Run for ALS. This year it will be on June 10th. That's in just a couple of weeks plus a couple of days.

As usual, at what has truly become an annual event for me, my friends and I will walk, roll, or run to raise funds for both ALS Canada and the ALS Society of Alberta. Given all the Society does for me, especially with equipment loans and emotional support, I encourage my friends to donate. Unfortunately my needs grow and have grown so much in the last couple of years, it's hard for me to ask again and again.

Team Terrific. That's what I call our team. It's what I have called our team for the last six years. I'm not sure, but I think I was on the road for one of those years, but there have been enough others, more than I expected. I am now, by a wide margin, in that 10% group that lives past five years. Team Terrific. It says a lot about the people around me, the people helping me walk this walk, both on June 10th, and every other day of my life.

So here comes the pitch. Please consider sponsoring me, or Team Terrific in Betty's Run this year. Every donation counts, be it a few dollars, or a few hundred dollars. Just click on the link you wish to support.

I have to be honest here. I am a terrible fund raiser for ALS. Most years we barely make $1,000 in donations. Other teams generate 10 times that amount. Most of my friends say they would rather give the money to me, that they help me directly in so many ways. This is all true, so this pitch really goes to those of you who live afar, who are not able to help me on a day to day basis, who want to help cure ALS in whatever way you can.

Please support Betty's Run. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment