Monday 28 May 2018

I Need A Live In, Soon

Last Friday, in my frustrated and continuing effort to find a live in HCA, I took to emailing as many of the training colleges as possible in Alberta, asknig the HCA training coordinators if they might help me in my search. Of the 12 or so emails I sent out, I recieved one response saying they would put my email on their Job Board, a call from an agency associated with one of the training schools looking to see if I needed assistance from an agency, like what I get now from CBI, and one lengthy, interesting phone call from an actual HCA Training Program coordinator who was very helpful.

That's it. So far 1 email and 2 phone responses for 12 directed emails.

There are a couple of conclusions I could draw from this. First, perhaps it's a bit too early to expect a response. After all, program coordinators are busy people. They have a great many things to do in their day, including delivering training classes. I should be more patient, waiting a few days before taking this thought any further. This is my default stance.

The next thought I had was that there is so much demand for HCA's of all stripes; live-in, live-out, hospitals, agencies, part-time, full-time. Placing students in locations preferable to a live-in situation may be at the top of their list. My offering might not even be accepted by any of their students. That would explain the number of training institutions and companies offering HCA programs.

The third, and perhaps most distressing possibiity is that people don't want to do the live-in part at all, so those delivering training to the new HCA's just don't pass it on. I am assured there are people out there who want the live-in situation; I'm just not finding them. It concerns me. If the pool of candidates is so small, I may not have a lot of choice come the end of the day.

I really want to get this done with. The search is tiring, on David, Anne and myself. I need a live-in. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment